Founded in 1973 after the simple act of a mother publicly supporting her gay son, PFLAG is the nation’s largest family and ally organization.
PFLAG is the first and largest organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) people, their parents and families, and allies. With over 400 chapters and 200,000 members and supporters crossing multiple generations of families in major urban centers, small cities, and rural areas across America, PFLAG is committed to creating a world where diversity is celebrated and all people are respected, valued, and affirmed.
This vast grassroots network is cultivated, resourced, and serviced by the staff of PFLAG National, the National Board of Directors, and the all-volunteer Regional Directors Council.
To learn more, visit pflag.org, like us on Facebook (/pflag), or follow us on Twitter (@pflag) or Instagram.
About PFLAG Broomfield
PFLAG Broomfield was established in 2019 by parents, allies, and LGBTQIA+ members, some of which are parents of LGBTQIA+ children, who wanted to learn more about their children, support other parents, and advocate for their children who live in an often hostile society.
PFLAG Broomfield brings the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the national PFLAG organization to the local level.
We, the parents, allies, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community, celebrate diversity and envision a society that embraces everyone, including those of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities. Only with respect, dignity and equality for all will we reach our full potential as human beings, individually and collectively. PFLAG welcomes the participation and support of all who share in, and hope to realize this vision.
PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of the LGBTQIA+ community, their families, and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. PFLAG provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
Our Strategic Goals
- Build the capacity of our organization at every level so that we may have all the resources, in the form of information, people and funding, necessary to move forward in our work with the greatest possible effect.
- Create a world in which our young people may grow up and be educated with freedom from fear of violence, bullying and other forms of discrimination, regardless of their real or perceived gender identity or sexual orientation or that of their families.
- Make our vision and our message accessible to the broadest range of ethnic and cultural communities, ending the isolation of families with gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender family members within those communities.
- Work toward full inclusion of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons within their chosen communities of faith.
- Create a society in which all GLBT persons may openly and safely pursue the career path of their choice, and may be valued and encouraged to grow to their full potential in the workplace.
- Create a society in which all gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons may enjoy, in every aspect of their lives, full civil and legal equality and may participate fully in all the rights, privileges and obligations of full citizenship in this country.
We welcome the participation and support of all who share in our Vision and Mission and who hope to realize our goals.
Members of the local chapter are affiliated with the national organization. Members can attend meetings, receive and give support, and help with local events. Memberships renew in October of each year. You may join PFLAG right here, from our Web site.
Membership categories include:
$25 – Student & Senior
$35 – Individual
$55 – Family
Telephone: 720-477-0427 – now accepting text messages
The Benefits of Membership Include:
- Invitations to our local events & programs.
- Monthly newsletter issues.
- Voting privileges on matters brought before our full membership (e.g., election of officers, other official matters).
- Voting privileges on proposals put forth at our Board of Directors meetings.
- Eligible for discounts on PFLAG National publications and store items.
- Voting privileges for PFLAG National Board Members.
- You will receive PFLAG National’s quarterly newsletter, “The PFLAGpole”
- Accessibility to their Academy Online classes.